For a paper presented at the 2013 UKFIET/BAICE Conference, Oxford
If you are a BAICE Student Member and have given a paper at the UKFIET/BAICE Conference in Oxford, you are invited to submit your paper for the BAICE student prize.
Deadline is Friday 3 January, 2014
- The prize of £500 is for a paper presented by a student member at the Conference (10-12 September 2013) and fully written up afterwards.
- Entrants will be asked to provide a letter from their department that attests to either their student status or that they have completed a postgraduate course within the last 6 months prior to the deadline for submission.
- The paper should deal with a subject relating to comparative or international education, and may be conceptual or empirical in nature.
- No senior scholars or supervisors should have co-authored the paper. It should be the student’s own work.
- The prize will be shared in the event of a jointly presented/written paper. All co-authors must conform to the same criteria as regards student status.
- The length of the paper should be 5,000-7,000 words.
- Papers should be submitted by 17.00 hours on Friday, 3rd January 2014 to the BAICE Secretary, Lizzi Milligan (Secretary@BAICE.ac.uk).
- Judgement criteria are found below. Papers must score at least 24 out of 30 points in order to be considered for the prize.
- The Association will not enter into correspondence with students who have not been awarded a prize. The decision of the judges, endorsed by the Executive, will be final.