Time: 08:00 - 10:45
Event Type: Forum
Gender equality and empowerment of women are essential to realise a sustainable and peaceful society in the world. However, girls and women are still in vulnerable and peripheral positions in various regions throughout the world, and the COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated the existing inequality. Japan Education Forum for SDGs focuses on girls’ education and innovation from various aspects including challenges surrounding girls’ education, STEM education and quality education through innovation.
When: 8:00 – 10:45 am in UK, 2nd February
Where: Zoom (You will receive a link after registration)
Keynote speech 1 Ms Khady DIOP MBODJI, General Secretary, Ministry of National Education, Senegal
Keynote speech 2 Prof KURODA, Reiko, Designated Professor, Frontier Research Institute, Chubu University, Professor Emeritus, The University of Tokyo
Moderator: Prof FUJITA, Teruyuki, Professor, Faculty of Human Sciences / Chair, Master’s Program in Education Sciences, University of Tsukuba
- FUJIHIRA Tomoko, Executive Officer, Marketing Group Overseas Business Development, Department, SuRaLa Net Co.,Ltd.
- FUJITA Teruyuki, Professor, Faculty of Human Sciences / Chair, Master’s Program in Education Sciences, University of Tsukuba
- Shabana BASIJ-RASIKH, Co-founder & President of School of Leadership, Afghanistan (SOLA)
- NAKAJIMA Sachiko, Jazz pianist, Mathematician, steAm, Inc., CEO (STEM Girls Ambassador, Cabinet Office)
- Paula RAZQUIN, Principal Investigator, UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning, Office for Latin America