11 December 2020
13:00 – 14:30
On the Futures of Education: Civic Responsibility, Pedagogy, & Textbooks in a Time of Rapid Change
A webinar organized by Columbia University’s Teachers College & NISSEM, in partnership with UNESCO’s Futures of Education initiative
The Futures of Education initiative aims to rethink education’s role in shaping the future amidst rapid change and increasing complexity. This webinar will present key points from select Background Papers commissioned by the initiative, inviting lively audience participation around:-
- How is change conceptualized in different parts of the world?
- How, if at all, should we profoundly rethink education & learning?
- What is the role of curricula & textbooks in preparing for ambiguous futures?
The webinar will present key points from three of the background papers commissioned by the initiative and will invite audience participation in lively conversation.
Paper abstracts & full papers are available at: https://bit.ly/FoEpapers
- Helen Haste (University of Bath) & Vidur Chopra (Teachers College, Columbia University)
- Michele Schweisfurth (University of Glasgow)
- Andy Smart, Aaron Benavot (University at Albany-State University New York), James Williams
(George Washington University) (NISSEM co-convenors)
- Noah Sobe (UNESCO & Loyola University Chicago)
- Mahboob Morshed (BRAC Institute of Educational Development)
- Enrique Chaux (Universidad de los Andes, Colombia)
Register for this event at: https://bit.ly/FoEwebinar1