We welcome papers that discuss comparative and international education, formal and non-formal learning at primary, secondary and tertiary level or adult education, across all global regions including high, middle and low-income countries. Papers which reflect on innovative or alternative approaches, or transformative initiatives that challenge inequalities or provide solutions to social challenges, are all encouraged. We are calling for papers that will help us to identify possibilities for education, that critique, question and challenge accepted wisdom and provide inspiration to think about the role of education in different ways.
Participation in the conference can take several different forms:
- A full paper presentation (15 minutes with time for questions and discussion)
- A short/quick-fire paper presentation (5 minute presentation for posing ideas or questions as a stimulus for discussion)
- A panel symposium (a collection of 3-4 papers) – Please submit an abstract outlining the overview of the panel and short abstracts for each of the contributing papers
- A facilitator for a round table discussion on a particular issue – Please use the abstract to explain the topic you would like to explore in the discussion
- A poster presentation
Please note that an author can only make one submission and can only contribute as a co-author on up to 2 papers.
Abstracts of 300 words (max) must be submitted by midnight, 8th February 2018 (extended).
Instructions for Submission
- The form for online submission is available at baice.ac.uk/baice-conference-2018/submit-abstract/
- Please complete the form by midnight on the 8th of February 2018 (extended)
- Or if you can’t access the online form please complete the word document (link below) and submit as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on the 8th of February 2018 (extended).
- Please include full names and affiliations of all presenters in the abstract document.
- For panel submissions, please submit an abstract for the panel along with abstracts for each of the papers proposed within that panel.
You will be informed of the decision by 16th March 2018.