Two types of research funding are available:
- Seedcorn funding to support pilot research projects and scoping work;
- Research capacity and network funding to support the inception and development of collaborations on new priority research areas.
Conferences, workshops and seminars
- BAICE holds a conference every two years at different UK universities;
- In alternate years, BAICE supports the UKFIET International Conference on Education and Development in Oxford;
- At both conferences, members are entitled to reduced registration fees;
- BAICE supports UK-based and international Compare writers’ workshops to prepare scholars to publish in international high quality journals.
Grants and awards
- Conference bursaries are available for early career researchers and scholars from low and middle income countries to attend BAICE/UKFIET conferences;
- BAICE Thematic Forums fund opportunities for developing networks and encouraging dialogue among diverse special interest groups;
- The new Compare Fellows scheme is to support academics from low-income countries to develop their research profiles.
Journal subscription and discounted publications
Membership entitles you to:
- BAICE’s journal, Compare (free online access to all issues and print copies of current issues);
- Additional complimentary online access to 10 further journals published by Routledge and Taylor &Francis, including Comparative Education, Globalisation, Societies and Education, and the Journal of Education Policy;
- 20% discount on Routledge and Taylor &Francis books;
- A special personal print subscription rate of £36 ($60) to Comparative Education and/or Globalisation, Societies and Education.