BAICE is dedicated to the dissemination of knowledge in the field of international and comparative education through a wide range of funded activities and platforms. Through publicising up-to-date research initiatives and findings, BAICE seeks to contribute to the transformation of debates on fundamental paradigms, theories and concepts in the field, especially challenging by orthodox logics by advertising alternative and original ideas. BAICE’s knowledge dissemination strategy reflects its critical understanding of ‘knowledge’ and knowledge transformation. The association has a global target audience and provides support not only to established scholars but to researchers at various stages of knowledge production, as well as to the next generation of international researchers.
Here are some of BAICE’s major knowledge dissemination activities:
- The BAICE website showcases members’ research publications and major reports, upcoming events and other news;
- The annual BAICE and UKFIET Conferences and student conference, feature the latest research in the field and include keynote addresses from prominent scholars including from the BAICE President;
- The BAICE Thematic Forum grant provides funding for the organisation of symposia, and possible publications, to disseminate research findings on specific topics;
- Bursaries available for doctoral candidates and scholars at institutions in low-income countries to attend BAICE conferences;
- The BAICE journal Compare: A Journal of Comparative and International Education covered by Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), publishes articles, Special Issues and Forum pieces in the field;
- PhD titles are published in Compare, and thesis abstracts are posted on the BAICE website;
- BAICE is a member of the World Council of Comparative Education Societies (WCCES) and the Academy of Social Sciences (AcSS) which contribute to debate on current issues in related fields nationally and internationally;
- The BAICE Archive is a repository of past activities conducted by the association including AGM minutes, financial reports, Executive Committee members, Presidential addresses, and much more.