BAICE is proud to announce a call for applications for the post of an international co-opted member who will sit in the BAICE Executive Committee. This is a newly created role that offers an excellent opportunity to become BAICE’s first ever international co-opted member who will contribute to the strategic direction of a thriving and respected professional association.
All officers of the Executive Committee work closely together and are expected to attend meetings held three times per year (usually November/December, February/March and May/June) and contribute actively to our association.
The responsibilities of this post include:
- Working closely with the Chair, Vice-Chair and fellow ordinary members to shape the association’s strategic direction and raise the association’s profile internationally;
- Attending Executive Committee meetings and AGM virtually or in person should these meetings coincide with the member’s visit to the UK (e.g. during UKFIET and BAICE conferences);
- Promote BAICE activities such as research grants, Compare Writers’ Workshop, Compare Fellow Programme in the country where they are based;
- Promote BAICE in conferences and academic events within their country and internationally; Other duties as required and appropriate in agreement with the Chair.
The international co-opted member is expected to have the following skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the field of International and Comparative Education;
- Demonstrated international reputation in the field of international and Comparative Education;
- Hold an academic position in an institution outside the UK, preferably in a low or middle income country;
- Ability to contribute constructively and professionally as a co-opted member of the Executive Committee.
We are seeking to appoint an international co-opted member to take up post in May, 2021 until May, 2023. We welcome applications from suitable candidates at any career stage, but you must be in a position to attend the quarterly BAICE Executive Committee meetings/AGM.
BAICE Executive Committee Meetings will be held online until further notice. We anticipate that the International Co-opted member will attend Executive Committee Meetings online even when travel restrictions are lifted. However, we would warmly welcome them to attend in person if they are in the UK at the time of the meeting. When this is the case BAICE will reimburse reasonable UK-based travel expenses to and from the meeting, but cannot reimburse international travel expenses.
Applicants must be current BAICE members.
To apply, please send a CV, a letter of support from a referee plus a cover letter of no more than two pages, explaining why you are interested in the role and outlining how your skills match those set out above to ku.ca1664334358.ecia1664334358b@rec1664334358iffot1664334358roppu1664334358s1664334358 by midnight on Friday, 9th April, 2021.
You are also welcome to direct informal enquiries to the BAICE Chair, Dr. Tejendra Pherali (ku.ca1664334358.ecia1664334358b@ria1664334358hc1664334358) or secretary, Dr. Jennifer Agbaire (ku.ca1664334358.ecia1664334358b@yra1664334358terce1664334358s1664334358).
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within three weeks of the deadline.