The BAICE Graduate Student Conference 2019
Climbing down to reality: The doctoral fieldwork process, practice and propositions
The Open University, Walton Hall, Stuart Hall Building, Kents Hill, MK7 6AA
Wed, 26 June 2019
The BAICE Graduate Student Conference 2019 invites graduate students to submit abstracts addressing issues related to conducting Comparative and International Education (CIE) research.
The conference seeks to provide a space for doctoral students of CIE to critically examine the concept but more importantly, the practice of fieldwork. The Conference will move beyond a narrow view of fieldwork which synonymises fieldwork with challenges, towards a temporal consideration of fieldwork as a seminal point during the doctoral cycle before and after which certain decisions may be made, reviewed, modified or perhaps more common, unmade.
The Conference aims to:
- provide a forum for students to reflect upon their pre-fieldwork expectations (and anticipations) and share their post-fieldwork experiences and lessons learned;
- facilitate productive and critical discussions about issues relating to fieldwork among doctoral students and members of the BAICE Executive Committee;
- offer a combination of specialist inputs from keynote speakers and opportunities for doctoral students to disseminate their own research;
- provide participants with a comfortable and supportive environment to receive constructive feedback on their research; and
- foster research networks which extend beyond students’ own institutions.
The deadline for submissions is June 10, 2019 (Extended)
For more information on abstract submissions and conference registration, visit https://baice.ac.uk/event/baice-graduate-student-conference-2019/