BAICE is currently seeking to appoint two Ordinary Members. The initial term of office is three years but can be renewed for a second term. Ordinary Member is a key position on the Executive Committee and carries full voting rights. The role is voluntary but offers an excellent opportunity to contribute to the organisation and strategic direction of a thriving and respected academic association.
We are working to diversify the expertise of our Executive Committee. We therefore particularly welcome applications from candidates with at least 10 years post-PhD experience and a specialist interest in comparative education.
The core responsibilities of the Ordinary Member are:
- To attend three Executive Committee meetings a year and the BAICE AGM during the BAICE/UKFIET conferences;
- To support other committee members in evaluating applications for one or more of the BAICE funding opportunities (BAICE Thematic Forums, Research Network/Seedcorn grants, Student Fieldwork Grants, Conference Travel Bursaries, and Compare Writing Champions grants).
The benefits of the role include:
- Excellent networking opportunities within a thriving and dynamic association;
- The opportunity to conceptualise, develop and run initiatives to promote intellectual work in the field of international and comparative education
- Meeting and maintaining communication with academics and project / donor staff doing interesting work around the world;
- Full voting rights on the Executive Committee;
- BAICE is a professional association and so the position can be included on your CV.
The Ordinary Member is expected to have the following skills:
- To have a demonstrated commitment to furthering the aims and scope of BAICE, namely:
- promote research, policy and development in international and comparative education; and
- encourage the growth and development of international and comparative studies in education.
How to apply
To be eligible, you must be a member of BAICE. In addition, applicants must either be nominated by a BAICE member, or should include the name and contact details of a BAICE member who can support the application.
Please provide a 2-page CV and a 500-word explanation of how your experience and skills fit the role description and how you could potentially contribute as an Ordinary Member. Applications must be sent to the BAICE Support Officer, ku.ca1660774717.ecia1660774717b@rec1660774717iffot1660774717roppu1660774717s1660774717 by Friday 10th May 2019.
You are also welcome to direct informal enquiries to the BAICE Chair, Dr Nidhi Singal ku.ca1660774717.mac@1660774717142ns1660774717