If you are a BAICE Student Member and have given a paper at the BAICE Conference in Nottingham in September 2016, you are invited to submit your paper for the BAICE student prize.
Deadline is midnight on Sunday 24th January, 2016
- The prize of £500 is for a paper presented by a student member at the BAICE Conference (12-14 September 2016) and fully written up afterwards.
- Entrants will be asked to provide a letter from their department that attests to either their student status or that they have completed a postgraduate course within the last 6 months prior to the deadline for submission.
- The paper should deal with a subject relating to comparative or international education, and may be conceptual or empirical in nature.
- No senior scholars or supervisors should have co-authored the paper. It should be the student’s own work.
- The prize will be shared in the event of a jointly presented/written paper. All co-authors must conform to the same criteria as regards student status.
- The length of the paper should be 5,000-7,000 words.
- Papers and supporting information should be submitted in a single Word or Pdf file to the BAICE Secretary, Anneke Newman (Secretary@BAICE.ac.uk) by midnight on Friday, 20th January 2017.
- Judgment criteria are found in the document below. Papers must score at least 24 out of 30 points in order to be considered for the prize.
- The Association will not enter into correspondence with students who have not been awarded a prize. The decision of the judges, endorsed by the Executive, will be final.